The site of this project was an abandoned industrial building at the corner of a factory. Our client’s requirement was to build a suitable office for a new pharmaceutical accelerator called “Payagene Daroo” focusing on industrial production. After project analysis, following objectives were generated:
- Regenerating the site of project at the obsolete corner of the factory by definition of a new entrance and adjacent landscape as a connection joint.
- Creating a public space by building an exterior cubic form conceptualizing light and shadow meanwhile reforming the access upstairs.
- Connecting internal and external spaces and creating a continuous experience in the space synchronous with the user recognition of the integrity of form and coarse materials.
- Vitalizing the substance of the project out of functional needs and incorporating sense of space with subjective of an industrial project by creating of the outstanding cubes.
- Creating a new and exclusive user experience of materials, space and dimensions.
- Coexistence of internal and external contrasts in the context of design by applying old-new and light-shadow duals to create a poetical space.
Regarding the need to extend the functional area of the office, a mezzanine was built and also two cantilevered cubes were created to form meeting rooms. Other functional spaces including toilets, pantry and server room were located under the mezzanine. To reach the second floor an internal amorphous monumental stairs were added creating a different passage experience. The light casted on the stairs form above, emphasized on the forms and shadows accentuated the masses adding value to interior design. Coarseness and inherent contras between exposed concrete and old bricks of the building, distinguished the design from its historical context.
According to design objectives, entrance cube and adjacent landscape in composition with the stairs, defined passage space and sitting area. Furthermore, Cypress tree was located aligned with entrance perspective and in the middle of the concrete cube at the junction of the passage zone, creating a poetic space. To emphasis on the contrast between the function and design environment, the entrance space was high, new openings were defined and a water pool was created along the building. Vicinity of water, tree and concrete made a tranquil space to enter the office building.
Nima Mahabadi – Zahra Nikzare- Afsaneh Faryabi- Mona Parvinzad
Amin Dashti Nejad
Ali Molaee Ardakani-Amir mirzaee- Hamid Molaee